Frequently Asked Questions
1. What's the difference between the Online-Dental-Dictionary/Compendium and a printed dictionary of dentistry?
Our Online-Dental-Dictionary is a) up-to-date, b) of reliable quality c) highly service orientated; for example, if a term cannot be found anywhere, we research the topic to produce the term.
2. What happens if I can't find a word in the database?
A form opens automatically where you can enter your desired term and send it to the editor. He then researches the correct English/German word for you, adds it to the online dictionary and informs you via e-mail.
3. How is the Online-Dental-Dictionary/Compendium updated?
The editor of the Online-Dental-Dictionary is linked to a Dental Translation Bureau; all new dental medical/technical terms which crop up during their everyday work are added to the dictionary database. The terms researched for our users are also added to the database. The Online-Dental-Dictionary is updated regularly.
4. How many terms are there in the dictionary at the moment?
We started in 2001 with approx. 3000 terms - at the moment the database contains more than 16500 terms. The number of specialist dental terms increases continually as new developments and methods become available - our dictionary grows with them. In fact, one could say that our Online-Dental-Dictionary is alive as it just keeps on growing and growing.
5. Are synonyms (words with the same meanings) also listed?
To rule out misunderstandings, we attempt to list many of the synonyms used in dental medicine/technology.
6. Who would benefit most from a subscription?
Everyone involved in dentistry who deals with the English/German languages: For example, lectures on dentistry, business letters or press releases requiring dental medical/technical terminology, less extensive translations such as texts for labels etc. It is also very useful for product training courses held in English.
7. I would be interested in testing your service before signing on. Do you offer free test subscriptions?
Please download our free app ("Den-Dic") and then contact us.
8. Are special terms available for annual subscriptions and user groups?
Yes, please contact us.